If you’re interested in building your vocabulary, feel free to apply some or all of the technique I use:
- Go to Dictionary.com and sign up to receive the word of the day by email.
- Go to Flashcard Machine and create an account. You can, however, use any online flashcard website.
- When you receive an email with a word of the day, copy and paste the word, pronunciation and the sentence examples on the front of a card.
- On the back of the card, paste the definition of the word.
- Study the cards front and back, or do what I do and use the quiz function of Flashcard Machine. I quiz myself on five cards a day.
After a while, you’ll realize these words have incorporated themselves into your subconscious when you come across them in your reading.